Flavoursome Beef Burgers
POSTED: 31st May 2023
Prep time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 20 minutes
- 500g beef mince (make sure is is atleast 20% fat)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp vegtable oil
- 1-2 large red onions, halfed and sliced
- American cheese slices
- 4 brioche buns
- Sliced gherkins
- Get the fire bowl going and start cooking once the wood has started to go white
- Put the small skillet on the grill and leave it to heat up.
- Meanwhile shape the mince into 4 equaly sized balls.
- Season each piece in salt and pepper - use as much or as little as you like
- Add 1 tbsp to the hot skillet. Add in the onions and keep moving until they have turned golden brown.
- Add the large skillet to the grill to heat up
- If you are happy with how your onions look, remove the skillet from the grill and place to one side for later use.
- once the large skillet is hot add the remaining oil, and the 4 balls on mince. Once they are places, press down firmly on each ball until you get a circular shape.
- Do not press too hard as we do not want your burger to be very thin.
- Leave the mince to cook for 2-5minutes until one side has turned golden brown.
- Carefully, flip the burgers over to cook the other side.
- Once cooked through, if you are using cheese add t or 2 slices on each burger.
- If you wanted you rbrioche toasted, place each half face down on the grill but keep checking as you do not want them to burn.
- Remove the buns from the grill
- Place the burger patty into the brioche bun.
- Add any salad or side dishes if you wish to complete your meal.