Indian Fire bowl BBQ Meat Recipes
Fajita Chicken Kebabs
These fajita chicken kebabs are a real crowd pleaser! Full of fantastic flavours and bright colours, these kebabs are easy to do, fun to eat and taste incredible.
Total time: 1 hour
- 450g boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large Lime, plus additional for serving
- 1 tablespoon Chilli Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, chopped (remove seeds and membrane if sensitive to spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 large Red Pepper
- 1 large Green Pepper
- 1 large Red Onion
- Fresh, Coriander for serving
- Salsa, sour cream (or plain yogurt), and guacamole, optional for serving
- Cut the chicken into small bite-sized pieces and place into a zip lock plastic bag.
- Next, take a small bowl and whisk together the sunflower oil, lime juice and zest, chilli powder, cumin, garlic, jalapeno, and salt before then pouring over the chicken and sealing the bag. The bag will help to marinate all the chicken evenly but be sure to give it a shake and a squish too.
- Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes or for a stronger taste you can leave it overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, chop the peppers and onions up similar to the chicken. Remember to soak the skewers in water for at least 20 minutes before sliding the ingredients on.
- You will want to cook these on a medium-high heat on your fire bowl for about 6-8 minutes, turning them when needed.
- When cooked thoroughly take them off your grill, place on a serving tray and sprinkle with coriander and lime juice.
Halloumi & Bacon Rolls
These are even better than they sound, the combination of rich flavours makes for an incredible side dish. Be warned, your guests may ask for seconds...
Total time: 30 minutes
- 250g block of Halloumi Cheese
- 10 rashers of Pancetta or Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Cut the halloumi into 20 sticks and wrap each stick with a rasher of pancetta/bacon, then cut in half and add 5 to a skewer.
- Season with black pepper and chopped chives.
- Grill on your fire bowl on a medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the bacon.
Barbecued Salmon with a Soy and Brown Sugar Marinade
A simple yet wonderfully delicious meal that is a fantastic sweet-salty combination. The rich, strong flavour compliments the tender, smooth texture of the salmon perfectly.
Total time: 2 hours 25minutes
- 700g Salmon Fillet
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 5 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 5 tablespoons Water
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Firstly, take a small bowl and stir together the lemon zest, garlic, pepper, soy sauce, sugar, water and vegetable oil until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place the salmon in a large zip lock plastic bag with the marinade, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Take the salmon out of the bag and place on your fire bowl for about 5-6 minutes each side. Cook on a medium heat and check the flakes pull away easily before serving.